Saturday, March 1, 2014

Argo-Tea Inspired Chickpeas Salad

   Do you feel a punch of hunger in your tummy around 3-4 pm afternoon in office hours..and this one is the type of hunger you cannot soothe out by drinking coffee ? Juice may help..but little bit of solid food aka snacks work wonderful. On the quest of good snack I hunted a lot of places near my office area. Likewise I landed up in Argo Tea Shop in one sunny day. Argo in its website say they are passionate about tea, however I love their selected snacks items a lot and especially their Tea-infused chickpeas salad is just awesome. But it costs like $ 5:00, little bit higher than my budget of spending for snacks and hence I looked for recipes and wanted to make the same. Though the following recipe of chickpeas salad is inspired by Argo’s but it is not the exact recipe. I googled it little bit, I came up with this one..its tastes good and yummy and saves my money. Here it goes.

Recipe :
Ingredients:
1.       One can of chickpeas, drained and washed
2.       Two stock of Celery..chopped
3.       One salad tomato..chopped
4.       One handful of dried cranberries and raisins
5.       Chopped Onion (optional )
6.       Chopped cucumber -1/2 cup…(this one for eating at home), for taking out I do not add cucumber as it releases lots of water
7.       Salt and salad seasoning mix
8.       Half spoon of olive oil

Directions:
      Mix all the ingredients on the bowl and put it in refrigerator. Next day take to office.

No comments:

Post a Comment