Wednesday, March 5, 2014

My Snack Craving and Mason Jar



     My afternoon snack craving is very genuine but often not very healthy. Especially I am sugar-lover….like I recently bought heavily frosted red-velvet cupcake in a jar during one such a craving time. I am in search of new snacks ideas. This one is very popular and can be eaten at any time of day. Make this one before going to bed at night and eat it in breakfast/ while commuting/in office. This is all purpose and healthy food. So here comes my “Yogurt-granola in Mason jar”.

Ingredients:  ½ cup of Greek yogurt (77 calories)
  ½ cake of granola (I chose Bear naked


  100%natural Banana-nut -so no need to add nuts   separately) (226 calories)

  ½ cup fruits-blue berries,strawberries, grapes, raspberries (any small size fruits available in your refrigerator) (approx. 54 calories)
  1 tbsp. honey (64 calories)


Directions:

I tried to do layer-by layer way.

1) First layer has half of the yogurt-on top of that I drizzled half of the honey.
2) Second layer is having ½ of the fruits. 
3) In third layer, add rest of the yogurt and on top of that rest of fruit and honey.
4) In forth layer, add the granola.Put the strawberries at the top. 
Close the lid and put in refrigerator or take to office.

Total calories- approximately 421.





No comments:

Post a Comment